1. The applicant should be 16 years or older.
2. A valid Class 4 Medical certificate must be presented.
3. The applicant should obtain a Radio licence issued by ICASA.
4. The applicant should be a member of a registered Sport Balloon Club.
5. Sixteen hours of dual training with a Class II or Class III instructor punctuated by regular progress flight checks with a Class I instructor.
6. One of the above flights should be an afternoon flight.
7. The trainee must complete at least two tethered flights.
8. The trainee must be a Member of the Balloon and Airship Federation of South Africa (BAFSA).
Balloon Training School (Pty) Ltd South Africa – email@example.com